Birkman offers a multi-rater feedback survey, more commonly known as a 360°. Multi-rater feedback surveys introduce a unique way of presenting an employee with multiple perspectives regarding his behavior, as perceived by others who interact with him. These perspectives can include self, supervisors, direct reports, or peers. The goal is to give the targeted employee feedback from all those who interact with him/her, hence the name “360°.”
Typically, the purpose of a 360° is to provide a manager with awareness of the strengths and growth opportunities of the individual’s soft skills, from multiple perspectives, to provide a course of action for development.
The individual is rated on behaviorally-based competencies (e.g., leading others, building strong teams, dealing with conflict, making decisions, etc.). The individual rates himself on these competencies, then his supervisors, subordinates, and peers rate him on the same. Results indicate where there is disagreement among the ratings.
The Birkman 360° Survey uses common standards across jobs and job groups, creating a consistency in the expectations communicated to organizational members. This consistent message helps the organization encourage and reinforce particular behaviors.
Birkman 360° Survey competencies cover:
- Thinking strategically and planning long-term for key business and organizational outcomes.
- Engaging the efforts of others in support of goals and outcomes – communicating the vision, building commitment, and assigning responsibility.
- Making decisions, coaching others and managing resources effectively.
- Understanding the organization, customers, culture, and competitive environment.
- Pursuing personal and professional development.
The Birkman 360° Survey is easy to administer online, and the survey’s 60 questions take less time to complete than most 360°s. It can also be used with or without The Birkman Method data. Although the Birkman 360° Survey can be taken without The Birkman Method, consulting is still required to provide the participant with results feedback.
More information, including report samples, can be gathered by contacting our team at email@example.com.