The Birkman Method® is an amazingly effective tool but can be a little intimidating when you are just getting started. Remember, you are not alone! You have the support of the Birkman Team, as well as the members of your Signature Certification Training Class. We are here to provide you with the tips and support passed on to us when we were just getting started.
Remember these tips when doing your
- No matter how little you think you know, you are the expert compared to the client sitting across from you who knows nothing about Birkman.
- Be comfortable asking the client questions. “This score would indicate you have a higher Esteem need, which would mean respect is important. How does that show up for you? Do you agree with this? Can you give me an example of when this happened?”
- Remember the goal of your session. Don’t feel obligated to use all of the Birkman information, especially in one sitting.
- Review your report against your client’s to see where your styles will suit each other and where your styles may conflict.
* is attracted to activities that include,
* likes, dislikes, seeks, wants, desires
* is re-energized by…
* will demonstrate, will be seen as,
* shows, contributes, has the strength of…
* comfortable when, motivated by,
* seeks, desires, prefers, requires,
* likes it when, expects…
* may be accused of, others may see them as…
* a balance of, while at the same time…
Useful Consultant Tools
Two reports you will find very useful as a consultant are the Advanced Summary (previously the Profile Summary) and the Comprint. While these reports can be overwhelming and confusing for a client, they give you a comprehensive snapshot of the individual or group with whom you are working. To access these reports, log onto your full access BirkmanDirect account at http://direct.birkman.com.