Report Support - Article written by Carol Buckner
For those of you who have not used the Birkman 360 multi-rater feedback before, you may want to consider harnessing this tool. Obtaining information from colleagues about high potential employees to accelerate their development drives performance and success for the individual and organization. You can view a sample report here. https://birkman.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012432372-Sample-Birkman-360-report
I thought I would provide some important points about conducting a Birkman 360 assessment. If you want more information about what the Birkman 360 is, there is a good article in our Resource Center. https://birkman.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000782048-What-is-the-Birkman-360-Survey-
Here are some tips to remember as you add this report to your consultancy arsenal:
- The Birkman 360 is a multi-rater feedback survey that measures a targeted employee (subject) across nine competencies.
- The Birkman 360 survey consists of 60 questions and can be completed much quicker than other popular 360 instruments. It is not the same questionnaire as the Birkman Questionnaire.
- The Birkman 360 can be used with or without information from the Birkman Questionnaire (mapping).
- With the Birkman 360, anonymity is required for any perspective (peer, direct report, etc.) other than Self and Manager. At least 3 respondents are required in each of these other perspectives.
- You may change a respondent’s classified perspective at any time during the process.
- Make sure to budget your time and contract proposal to include this analysis time. It is not appropriate to simply provide the Birkman 360 report to the subject.
- The Birkman 360 report can be generated using several options – with or without mapping, identifying specific “key” competencies, and displaying the ranked item list or not.
- Generate the report several different ways during your analysis to determine the best method of reviewing the data with the subject. Pricing does not change simply due to generating the report several ways.
- Just because you have the information doesn’t mean you have to share that information with the subject. As an example, mapping may be useful for the consultant; but, may only confuse the subject when reviewing the report.
- Raters have the opportunity to add specific comments. Birkman displays all comments EXACTLY as written. We do not edit, correct grammar or shorten these comments in any way.
- Since the Birkman 360 is intended to be a personal developmental tool, there are no group reports provided.
- Currently, we offer the Birkman 360 in the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Korean.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about the Birkman 360.